September 21, 2021
8:30 am - 10:30 am EST
Great minds DON’T all think alike, thankfully. As nonprofit CFOs, getting fresh perspectives on pressing challenges can be just the push we need to propel us forward.
Our CFO Roundtable, drawing on the collective wisdom of the group, will help you identify new ideas, tools, or strategies to help you meet or exceed your goals.
All CFO Roundtable sessions include:
- Open and facilitated networking time to give you the opportunity to meet new colleagues and deepen relationships with those you already know.
- A mini think-tank/brainstorming session for up to 3 participants who wish to bring a challenge to the group.
In our September 21 Roundtable, we will be joined by three accounting experts from Rivero, Gordimer & Company, the largest locally owned CPA firm headquartered in Tampa with over 60 employees. Their CPA services include assurance/audit, tax planning and preparation, advisory services and much more. They have a wide client base and a main area of expertise with nonprofit organizations.
Sam Lazzara is shareholder in charge of many of the firm’s nonprofit and governmental clients, has vast experience in auditing and tax.
Brooke Baurle Dawson’s main areas of expertise are assurance and consulting. Brooke leads the firm’s nonprofit committee.
Alicia Holloway is a tax manager with over 10 years of public accounting experience and is the subject matter expert on the ERC, employee retention credit at Rivero Gordimer.
Topics our guest presenters will cover include:
- New and upcoming accounting standards, ASU 2020-05 on Leases, ASU 2020-07 Gifts-In-Kind.
- New Statements on Auditing Standards and key changes.
- COVID-19 accounting matters, including accounting for PPP Loan Forgiveness and the refundable tax credit for federal employment taxes known as ERC, employee retention credit.
*Please note: Attendees for this meeting will earn 1 CPE credit insured from Rivero, Gordimer & Company.
To participate in the CFO Roundtable, we request that you meet the following criteria set forth by the group:
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting, i.e. a formal accounting background
- Five (5) years of accounting experience
- Top finance officer (or acting in that capacity) for organization
Virtual-September 21, 2021 | 8:30 am -10:30 am
$144.00 Only $20.00 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our partners and funders
Registration will close at 11:55 pm on September 19, 2021.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County No-Show Policy – effective July 1, 2018
The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) has asked NLC to reframe our no-show policy for their providers.
Effective July 1, 2018 CBHC-funded organizations using codes to claim CBHC-funded seats at NLC trainings or events will be responsible for payment of registration and processing fees in the event of a no-show. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff when you check in for class.
Zoom details will be provided to registrants about one week prior to the training date.