October 12, 2022
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
Fans of Dr. Brené Brown — renowned author, researcher, speaker and podcaster — will enjoy this interactive, deep dive into Dare to Lead™, guided by local connection expert Liz Wooten-Reschke, MPA CDTLF CGT.
The changes required by nonprofits will only happen if community leaders are committed to courage and managers are willing to lead by example. During this session, Liz will share tips and tools to help you jump-start your courageous leadership journey.
Specifically, you will:
- Design your personal call to courage and identify your core values
- Learn valuable skills, practices and tools to strengthen your courage foundation and serve your mission authentically
- Explore four evidence-based skills for empowering your teams
- Learn your courageous leadership assessment score and how it impacts your work
- Understand how to handle tough conversations with civility and kindness
- Discover how to acknowledge your limitations, integrate vulnerability and give yourself permission to be human
$244.00 Only $79 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our funders
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts or promo codes).
This event is being held IN-PERSON at our training room in Tampa, FL.
Registration closes at 11:55 p.m. Eastern on October 10, 2022.
Meet Your Trainer
Liz Wooten-Reschke, MPA CDTLF CGT is an experienced facilitator and skilled board governance expert with over 25 years of service to the nonprofit sector. As President and CEO of Connect For More, she works collaboratively with her clients to create strategic consulting solutions that address a variety of areas, including nonprofit capacity and community building, board & organizational development, philanthropic advising, workshop & retreat facilitation, and coaching & ongoing support. Her work addresses topics such as best practices in board governance, engaging the next generation of nonprofit leadership, building an exceptional board culture, creating meaningful board service and equity diversity inclusion in philanthropy.
Connect For More clients include those interested in making meaningful connections in their local communities and the nonprofit sector. Whatever the topic of expertise, our workplaces focus on community building and resource-sharing to help organizations, individuals and communities meet their mission.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Safety and Health Protocols for In-Person Classes
The safety and health of all visitors, students, trainers and staff is our top priority.
The Nonprofit Leadership Center is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of guests and participants for all in-person training sessions:
- We are following all federal health and safety guidelines, as well as guidance from state and local governments. Depending on the community spread of COVID-19, this may include protocols such as wearing face coverings and social distancing. Registrants will receive an email from NLC one week prior to each in-person training session that outlines specific protocols to expect on the event day.
- We are using enhanced protocols and practices to keep our Training Room healthy and safe.
- Training Room capacity is limited to ensure proper distancing.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in-person training events. If you are not feeling well on the day of your training or are aware of exposure (within the previous 10 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your visit with us, whether or not you appear to be experiencing symptoms of illness. If you need to cancel for this reason, please notify us, and we will be happy to provide program credit equivalent to the registration fees already paid.
Please note: In-person training events are subject to be changed to virtual (via Zoom), rescheduled or canceled depending on current CDC guidelines and/or state and local government recommendations as the date of the training approaches. If such a change is required, registrants will be notified in advance.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, cancellation and refunds.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) No-Show Policy
If you use a CBHC code to register for an NLC event, you will be responsible for paying the registration and processing fees if you do not show up for the class. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to other questions you may have.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff at registration.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or email@example.com
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.