July 13, 2022
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
July 20, 2022
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
Whether you are building a new fundraising strategy, reworking an existing program or want to brush up on the latest fundraising strategies, this interactive course provides a comprehensive look at how to develop an ethical, sustainable and winning fund development approach.
During this 2 day interactive program led by Sara Leonard, MBA, CFRE, you’ll explore how to best use an array of fundraising techniques that will help you increase support for your organization, regardless of your budget size. Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Plan and budget for different types of gifts and giving opportunities
- Measure ROI and analyze fundraising results
- Identify prospective donors
- Create and fill a pipeline of supporters
- Create a communications and marketing plan to increase results
- Provide valuable stewardship to donors
- Engage volunteers, board members and other colleagues
Who should attend: This program is designed for experienced fundraisers who are seeking to expand their knowledge or refresh their skills and who want to achieve greater impact.
Required core program for the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership
$488.00 Only $145 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our funders
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts).
This event is being held IN-PERSON at our training room in Tampa, FL.
Registration closes at 11:55 p.m. Eastern on July 11, 2022.
Meet Your Trainer
Sara Leonard, MBA, CFRE is a solutions-oriented advancement professional with more than 25 years of experience in nonprofit development and administration. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Tampa and an MBA from the University of South Florida. She is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and has been named as a Master Trainer by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Throughout her career raising funds for health care, educational and cultural organizations, Sara has managed development operations, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors; annual giving; major gift cultivation and solicitation; training and management of staff, board and volunteers; foundation and corporate support; sponsorships; annual funds; special events; and in-kind support. She is widely considered an expert in crisis fundraising and has guided organizations through capital campaigns — both large and small.
The founding director of the Nonprofit Leadership Center’s (NLC) Fund Development Academy, Sara launched the Sara Leonard Group in April 2015 to provide consulting, coaching and training to fundraisers, CEOs and nonprofit board members. She continues to serve as an instructor at NLC.
Additionally, Sara serves on the board of directors of the Suncoast Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and New Tampa Young Life. She is a former board member of the AFP Florida Caucus. She lives in Tampa with her husband and two children.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Safety and Health Protocols for In-Person Classes
The safety and health of all visitors, students, trainers and staff is our top priority.
The Nonprofit Leadership Center is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of guests and participants for all in-person training sessions:
- We are following all federal health and safety guidelines, as well as guidance from state and local governments. Depending on the community spread of COVID-19, this may include protocols such as wearing face coverings and social distancing. Registrants will receive an email from NLC one week prior to each in-person training session that outlines specific protocols to expect on the event day.
- We are using enhanced protocols and practices to keep our Training Room healthy and safe.
- Training Room capacity is limited to ensure proper distancing.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in-person training events. If you are not feeling well on the day of your training or are aware of exposure (within the previous 10 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your visit with us, whether or not you appear to be experiencing symptoms of illness. If you need to cancel for this reason, please notify us, and we will be happy to provide program credit equivalent to the registration fees already paid.
Please note: In-person training events are subject to be changed to virtual (via Zoom), rescheduled or canceled depending on current CDC guidelines and/or state and local government recommendations as the date of the training approaches. If such a change is required, registrants will be notified in advance.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, cancellation and refunds.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) No-Show Policy
If you use a CBHC code to register for an NLC event, you will be responsible for paying the registration and processing fees if you do not show up for the class. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to other questions you may have.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff at registration.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or email@example.com
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.