- Intro to Financial Management
November 10, 2021
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
- Tools for Cash Management & Analysis
December 7, 2021
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
The Certificate in Nonprofit Financial Management will provide you with the basic skills and knowledge needed to establish and maintain strong financial management of your organization.
With a focus on best practices, courses will strengthen your ability to make sound decisions that affect your nonprofit’s programs and operations. They will demystify financial jargon and teach you about financial record-keeping. Course material uses easily understood and relevant case examples as well as engaging, interactive explanations for financial terminology, assumptions and concepts.
In order to earn this certificate, you must attend both Introduction to Nonprofit Financial Management and Tools for Cash Management & Analysis.
Session 1-Introduction to Nonprofit Financial Management
November 10, 2021 | 8:30 am-12:30 pm EST
Many leaders in the nonprofit sector are unprepared to manage and analyze critical financial information about their programs and organizations, yet to run a successful organization, you must have a basic understanding of your nonprofit’s financial outlook and how to translate it. Funders and donors often judge us by our financials and our ability to communicate what the numbers mean.
During this half-day program, Presenter Teresa Craig, CPA, will teach you the basics of good financial management and how to use financial information to communicate with others. This session provides financial instruction and confidence for non-financial staff members who have to deal with “the numbers” but lack an accounting or finance background.
This program will prepare you to:
- Read and understand financial statements
- Identify risks and trends
- Ask the right questions based on understanding the numbers
- Control the financial information that tells your story
- Use financial information to direct and motivate staff and board members to achieve organizational goals
Session 2-Tools for Cash Management & Analysis
December 7, 2021 | 8:30 am-12:30 pm EST
Would you like to become more comfortable with your organization’s financial numbers? Whether you are a CEO, COO, financial manager, fundraiser or program staff member, you will explore easy-to-use tools, concepts and techniques to manage your organization’s finances that you can begin implementing right away.
Nonprofit organizations are under increasing pressure to demonstrate their skills in managing finances, while many in the nonprofit sector are unprepared to manage and analyze the financial information important to our programs and organizations.
Join Sheff Crowder to learn different financial accounting practices that affect nonprofit financial reports, including:
- Cash flow and cash management
- Cost analysis
- How to present financials to a funder
- The three expense buckets that make up the statement of functional expenses and how to report them
- Common errors/problems to avoid when allocating expenses
- Allocating in-kind gifts and contributed services
November 10 & December 7, 2021 | 8:30 am-12:30 pm EST each day
$576.00 Only $125.00 for series (when logged in) thanks to the support of our partners and funders
Please note that registration will close at 11:55 pm EST on November 7 (Session 1) & December 2 (Session 2), 2021.
The safety and health of all visitors is top priority.
As such the Nonprofit Leadership Center is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of guests and participants for all in person training sessions:
- We are following all federal health and safety guidelines, as well as guidance from state and local governments.
- We are using enhanced protocols and practices to keep our Training Room healthy and safe.
- Training Room capacity is limited to ensure proper distancing.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects that they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in person training events.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts).
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County No-Show Policy – effective July 1, 2018
The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) has asked NLC to reframe our no-show policy for their providers.
Effective July 1, 2018 CBHC-funded organizations using codes to claim CBHC-funded seats at NLC trainings or events will be responsible for payment of registration and processing fees in the event of a no-show. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff when you check in for class.