- Session 1 - June 20
June 20, 2019
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Session 2 - June 27
June 27, 2019
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Session 1–$49–June 20, 2019, 5:30pm-8:30pm (includes dinner)–How to be a Nonprofit Board Rock Star
Session 2–$49–June 27, 2019, 5:30pm-8:30pm (includes dinner)–Essentials for a Rock Star Board Meeting
$49 + $49 =
Only $80.00 (when logged in) for BOTH sessions in the certificate series $98.00
These classes are made possible with generous funding from:
With additional support from Community Foundation of Tampa Bay & Wells Fargo
We are so pleased to present 4 series of NLC classes in Pinellas county in 2019! The 4 series will cover leadership, board governance, marketing, and fund development. There are a few things unique to these Pinellas classes that we’d like to share with you:
- All of these classes are happening in Pinellas but in various locations, so please pay close attention to the location listed below as well as our reminder e-mails to make sure you end up at the right place!
- You will get the most benefit if you sign up for the entire series. Registration is a simple, one-step process, as well. If you are registering for 1 or 2 individual sessions, rather than the series, be sure to add tickets for each individual session to your cart.
- NLC is thrilled to provide classroom training in Pinellas, thanks to the generous support of our funders: Juvenile Welfare Board, Allegany Franciscan Ministries, Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg and Pinellas Community Foundation. When you accept a free seat from a funder, there is an expectation that if you cannot attend, you will either send a coworker in your place or let us know with enough notice so that we can offer the seat to another organization on the waiting list (most of these classes are sold out).
We will be sharing attendance with the funders after class so they can see who benefitted from their support, so we thank you for your cooperation as we strive to reach the greatest number of nonprofit leaders possible through our training in Pinellas.
The Nonprofit Board Governance Rock Star Certificate Series
The NLC’s Board Governance Rock Star Certificate is a 6-hour program over 2 evenings that covers—comprehensively and in an engaging way–the fundamental nonprofit governance concepts every nonprofit leader should understand and practice. If you want to serve a chosen organization with passion and true impact, this is the certificate for you.
During these interactive trainings, you’ll explore case studies and learn best practices for board structure and practices, the roles and responsibilities of board members, and financial and legal oversight. And you’ll build an invaluable network of Tampa Bay nonprofit leaders that you can consult at any time.
How to be a Nonprofit Board Rock Star
Join NLC CEO Emily Benham, FAHP, CFRE, for a three-hour, interactive learning experience designed to show case the best of the best in:
- identification, recruitment, orientation, and even release of board members
- the board-staff partnership
- the board’s fundraising role
- board member motivation, responsibilities, and accountability, including conflicts of interest
- and competing governance models and governance trends.
Essentials for a Rock Star Board Meeting
Take a deeper dive into what makes Rock Star Boards work so well. Learn about the most efficient and effective ways to utilize committees and run your meetings. What exactly is an Executive Committee meeting, anyway? And when do you call one? What do those financial reports mean? And what questions should you be asking? Emily Benham, FAHP, CFRE will be joined by Nancy Ridenour, CPA, CFE to lay out the processes and information that Rock Star Boards need to operate at peak efficiency and greatest impact.
Now you’ll understand:
- planning and running a successful meeting
- the board’s role in financial oversight
- your nonprofit’s financial statements
- budgeting & cash flow management
- audits & IRS filings
NLC trainer, Nancy Ridenour, CPA, CFE, has extensive experience in auditing, forensic accounting and fraud investigations.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 6.0 (3 for each class) points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.
Venue: Collaborative Labs