- Session 1 - September 19-SL
September 19, 2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Session 2 - September 26-B
September 26, 2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Session 3 - October 3-PM
October 3, 2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Session 1–$69–September 19, 2019, 8:30am-12:30pm–Self-Leadership for Success
Session 2–$69–September 26, 2019, 8:30am-12:30pm–Workplace Bullying and Conflict Resolution for Nonprofit Leaders
Session 3–$98–October 3, 2019, 8:30am-12:30pm–PeopleMap: Leadership Through Self-Awareness
$98 + $69 + $69 =
Only $199.00 (when logged in) for ALL THREE sessions in the series $236.00
These classes are made possible with generous funding from:
With additional support from Community Foundation of Tampa Bay & Wells Fargo
We are so pleased to present 4 series of NLC classes in Pinellas county in 2019! The 4 series will cover leadership, board governance, marketing, and fund development. There are a few things unique to these Pinellas classes that we’d like to share with you:
- All of these classes are happening in Pinellas but in various locations, so please pay close attention to the location listed below as well as our reminder e-mails to make sure you end up at the right place!
- You will get the most benefit if you sign up for the entire series. Registration is a simple, one-step process, as well. If you are registering for 1 or 2 individual sessions, rather than the series, be sure to add tickets for each individual session to your cart.
- NLC is thrilled to provide classroom training in Pinellas, thanks to the generous support of our funders: Juvenile Welfare Board, Allegany Franciscan Ministries, Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg and Pinellas Community Foundation. When you accept a free seat from a funder, there is an expectation that if you cannot attend, you will either send a coworker in your place or let us know with enough notice so that we can offer the seat to another organization on the waiting list (most of these classes are sold out).We will be sharing attendance with the funders after class so they can see who benefitted from their support, so we thank you for your cooperation as we strive to reach the greatest number of nonprofit leaders possible through our training in Pinellas.
Self-leadership is about taking responsibility for your outcomes, setting direction for your life and career, and having tools to manage priorities. Self-leaders work at all levels of an organization. They are front-line workers, middle managers, and CEOs.
Self-leaders like Jeff Vinik and Derrick Brooks worked hard to achieve their dreams without using the term self-leadership. However, they continue to demonstrate that being in control of behavior, results, focus, practice, and learning are necessary to achieve your goals.
Join NLC Director of Strategic Solutions, John Loblack, Ed.D. for this workshop which will help you internalize the four pillars of self-leadership and to make meaningful, empowered choices to get to where you want to go.
What Will Students Learn?
- What self-leadership means on an individual level
- How to assume responsibility for results by understanding who you are, what you want, and how to reach your goals
- The four pillars of self-leadership
- How to adjust to change
- How to cultivate optimism
- How to develop good habits to build self-leadership
- How to use what you know to get what you want
- What change management means
Workplace Bullying and Conflict Resolution for Nonprofit Leaders
Success in dealing with conflict in the workplace comes from the perspective we bring to the situation and how that informs our response. That means when we change the way we see conflict, the conflict we see will change, making it easier for us to resolve.
In this brand-new workshop led by NLC Director of Strategic Solutions, John Loblack, Ed.D., you will learn how to:
- Recognize the impact your attitudes and actions have on others
- Find new and effective techniques to build relationships
- Identify and manage your emotions
- Develop coping strategies to manage challenging situations
This class with will also explore bullying in the workplace, which is described as a silent epidemic. Despite the fact that 50% of workers have experienced or witnessed bullying, workplace policies and laws dealing with it are far less prevalent.
You’ll leave this class with the ability to:
- Identify bullying behaviors and the reasons behind them
- Determine the costs of bullying to people and organizations
- Identify ways to prevent bullying—for yourself and others
- React appropriately if you are bullied
- Identify appropriate solutions for a bullying incident (within and outside your organization)
PeopleMap: Leadership Through Self-Awareness
Understanding yourself is a critical component of effective leadership. This class will teach you a new method for understanding and relating to others. You will discover your specific personality style and learn how to best communicate with others–in the workplace, public, and even at home–to avoid interpersonal conflicts.
Self-awareness is a critical component of effective leadership. Understanding Yourself and Others –The PeopleMap™ core program– teaches you a new method for understanding and relating to others. You will discover your specific personality style and learn how to best communicate with others that you work, team and live with to avoid interpersonal conflicts.
When you know your strengths, you can build upon them to maximize your effectiveness, both at work and at home. By taking the PeopleMap™ assessment you will learn your combination style of who you naturally are and be able to systematically incorporate the other “less like you” styles for achieving your goals.
Join NLC trainer, Ellen Nastir for this class is for you if you want to:
- decrease the drama by being misunderstood
- improve your communication techniques
- focus on increasing your overall productivity and effectiveness
- have fun and engagement while you learn in this interactive format
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 12.0 (4 for each class) points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.
Venue: Collaborative Labs