October 6, 2022
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
Asking for and receiving major gifts is the most cost-effective way to raise money. Too often, staff and board members don’t know how, are overwhelmed by the process or too afraid to ask. If this sounds familiar, this workshop is for you. Alyce Lee Stansbury, CFRE, fundraising expert and popular NLC instructor, will help you build authentic relationships with donors, earn the right to ask, and ensure individual giving is a thriving part of your fundraising program — even during the most challenging fundraising climates.
After this course, you will:
- Understand donor motivations and how they influence giving;
- Be able to distinguish the roles of the fundraising team; and
- Learn proven methods to prepare for and successfully ask for gifts.
This training is best for executive directors, development staff with intermediate or advanced experience, major gifts officers, your board chair and development committee members.
$244.00 Only $79 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our funders
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts or promo codes).
This event is being held IN-PERSON at our training room in Tampa, FL.
Registration closes at 11:55 p.m. Eastern on October 4, 2022.
Meet Your Trainer
Alyce Lee Stansbury, CFRE is a 25-year fundraising veteran and seasoned advisor in nonprofit management and board development. She has raised millions of dollars and helped her clients grow fundraising results by more than 200% and exceed campaign goals by 45%. Alyce Lee is a nationally certified Master Trainer in Fundraising, a sought-after speaker and co-writes a weekly newspaper column called “Notes on Nonprofits.”
She is past president of the Big Bend chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the first recipient of the chapter’s Outstanding Fundraising Professional Award. She is Board Chair of the Institute for Nonprofit Innovation and Excellence in Tallahassee and a passionate advocate for the nonprofit sector.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Safety and Health Protocols for In-Person Classes
The safety and health of all visitors, students, trainers and staff is our top priority.
The Nonprofit Leadership Center is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of guests and participants for all in-person training sessions:
- We are following all federal health and safety guidelines, as well as guidance from state and local governments. Depending on the community spread of COVID-19, this may include protocols such as wearing face coverings and social distancing. Registrants will receive an email from NLC one week prior to each in-person training session that outlines specific protocols to expect on the event day.
- We are using enhanced protocols and practices to keep our Training Room healthy and safe.
- Training Room capacity is limited to ensure proper distancing.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in-person training events. If you are not feeling well on the day of your training or are aware of exposure (within the previous 10 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your visit with us, whether or not you appear to be experiencing symptoms of illness. If you need to cancel for this reason, please notify us, and we will be happy to provide program credit equivalent to the registration fees already paid.
Please note: In-person training events are subject to be changed to virtual (via Zoom), rescheduled or canceled depending on current CDC guidelines and/or state and local government recommendations as the date of the training approaches. If such a change is required, registrants will be notified in advance.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, cancellation and refunds.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) No-Show Policy
If you use a CBHC code to register for an NLC event, you will be responsible for paying the registration and processing fees if you do not show up for the class. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to other questions you may have.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779 or email@example.com.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff at registration.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.