December 14, 2021
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
There are two mindsets that impact our ability to learn, grow and achieve our goals:
- GROWTH MINDSET: This is the belief that we are in control of our skills and have the capacity to grow and develop them. Leaders with a growth mindset believe skills are built.
- FIXED MINDSET: This is the belief that our skills are set — we are who we are, we have what we have, and we don’t have the capacity to change and learn. Leaders with a fixed mindset believe we are born with the skills we possess.
Research shows that a growth mindset can foster grit, determination and work ethic.
In this workshop, you will:
- Determine your most prevalent mindset
- Identify your mindset challenges
- Develop strategies to strengthen your growth mindset
- Learn how a growth mindset approach empowers teams to collaborate, innovate and take risks
- Understand how to use a growth mindset to create/sustain a positive workplace culture
This program is designed for any leader who wants to become better at interacting with, motivating, and collaborating with others.
John Loblack, Ed. D., is an accomplished and change-oriented human development expert who draws upon his diverse background, training and experiences to encourage, motivate and inspire nonprofit leaders to drastically increase their individual and organizational value.
December 14, 2021 | 8:30 am-12:30 pm EST
$288.00 $69.00 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our partners and funders
Registration will close at 11:55 pm EST on December 12, 2021.
The safety and health of all visitors is top priority.
As such the Nonprofit Leadership Center is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of guests and participants for all in person training sessions:
- We are following all federal health and safety guidelines, as well as guidance from state and local governments.
- We are using enhanced protocols and practices to keep our Training Room healthy and safe.
- Training Room capacity is limited to ensure proper distancing.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects that they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in person training events.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County No-Show Policy (Effective July 1, 2018)
CBHC-funded organizations using codes to claim CBHC-funded seats at NLC trainings or events will be responsible for payment of registration and processing fees in the event of a no-show. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, cancellation and refunds.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff when you check in for class.
When considering offering in-person training at this time, NLC holds the safety and health of our students, trainers, and staff as our top priority. We are taking every precaution to ensure our training environment is safe for all. We are following federal health and safety guidelines as well as guidance from our state and local governments which, depending on community spread of COVID-19, may include protocols such as wearing face coverings and social distancing practices. Registrants will receive a communication from NLC one week prior to the training session outlining specific protocols that they can expect on the day of the training.
In person training is subject to be changed to virtual (via Zoom), rescheduled, or cancelled, depending on the current guidelines of the CDC and/or state and local government as the date of the training approaches. If such a change is required, registrants will be notified in advance.
If you are not feeling well on the day of a training or are aware of exposure (within the previous 10 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your visit with us, whether or not you appear to be experiencing symptoms of illness. If you need to cancel for this reason, please notify us, and we will be happy to provide program credit in the amount of registration fees paid.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.