July 17, 2018
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
July 17, 2018 | 8:30a -12:30p
$276.00 Only $69.00 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our partners and funders
While change is something that excites people who love opportunities for growth and to see and learn about new things, it can scare those who love the status quo. Personal and organizational change can inspire expressions of resistance and anger.
But there are steps we can take and tools we can use to get the most from change.
In this brand-new, follow-up class to our 8th annual Leadership Conference breakout session, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge to manage and cope with change, while helping others do the same.
You will learn that transition is a process, with three phases to be navigated, and change is an event.
After this half-day class with Dr. John Loblack, you will see change not as something to be feared and resisted, but as an essential element of life and work. You’ll also be able to identify and manage the reasons you (and others) may resist change. You’ll be equipped to view and explain change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation and enact strategies for making change work for you in the workplace. You will leaving this class with:
- Understanding of the difference between change and transition
- Ability to focus on transition as a process, not on change, the event.
- Knowledge and resources to identify and navigate the three phases of transition.
- Tools to identify and manage the reasons you resist change.
- A new perspective, that change not as something to be feared and resisted, but as an essential element of life and work.
- Acceptance there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change
- Understanding that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal.
- Recognition of change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
- Strategies for making change work for you in the workplace.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts).
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County No-Show Policy – effective July 1, 2018
The Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) has asked NLC to reframe our no-show policy for their providers.
Effective July 1, CBHC-funded organizations using codes to claim CBHC-funded seats at NLC trainings or events will be responsible for payment of registration and processing fees in the event of a no-show. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or email@example.com
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.