Overcoming the Talent Crisis: Coaching Your Team to Career Success
December 8, 2022
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
One of the most significant challenges facing nonprofit organizations right now is finding and keeping talent. Retaining your top team members and bringing out the best in them relies on adopting and implementing a coaching model that connects their values to your organizations.
But how do you do that?
During this workshop, you’ll receive valuable tools to help coach your team members to success and increase their satisfaction and retention, including:
- A career planning assessment to use with each team member to determine their right career path and help you coach them toward growth at each career stage
- A communications assessment tool that provides strategies to remove roadblocks to communication — one of the most significant sources of friction in the workplace — so team members can work more effectively
Bring your management challenges to the class! We will use your specific examples to apply these tools and strategies so you can head back to the office ready for action. For example, a challenge could be how to manage employees older than you.
Many managers think about developing their own careers but struggle to develop the careers of their team members. With employee engagement and retention more important than ever, this class will equip you with tangible tools to develop and retain your top talent.
$244.00 Only $79 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our funders
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts or promo codes).
This event is being held IN-PERSON at our training room in Tampa, FL.
Registration closes at 11:55 p.m. Eastern on December 6, 2022.
Meet Your Trainer
Missy McNabb is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Sandpiper Solutions, LLC, a professional services firm that specializes in executive coaching, leadership and organizational development, facilitation, and learning & development consulting.
Missy is a seasoned HR executive, consultant and coach. Over the course of her 35+ year career, she has always had a passion to help people achieve their potential, as well as delivering value to achieve business results. Missy is well-known for her ability to quickly build trust at all levels; her commitment to building positive relationships has resulted in enduring relationships with her clients. Colleagues and clients alike enjoy working with Missy, as she consistently brings warmth, sincerity and positive energy to work and life.
Missy has extensive experience in executive coaching, from designing and implementing internal coaching programs, to serving as an internal and external executive coach. With over 900 hours of coaching, Missy is comfortable conducting leadership and executive coaching, as well as career coaching, either one-on-one, or in a group setting.
Safety and Health Protocols for In-Person Classes
The safety and health of all visitors, students, trainers and staff is our top priority.
The Nonprofit Leadership Center is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of guests and participants for all in-person training sessions:
- We are following all federal health and safety guidelines, as well as guidance from state and local governments. Depending on the community spread of COVID-19, this may include protocols such as wearing face coverings and social distancing. Registrants will receive an email from NLC one week prior to each in-person training session that outlines specific protocols to expect on the event day.
- We are using enhanced protocols and practices to keep our Training Room healthy and safe.
- Training Room capacity is limited to ensure proper distancing.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in-person training events. If you are not feeling well on the day of your training or are aware of exposure (within the previous 10 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your visit with us, whether or not you appear to be experiencing symptoms of illness. If you need to cancel for this reason, please notify us, and we will be happy to provide program credit equivalent to the registration fees already paid.
Please note: In-person training events are subject to be changed to virtual (via Zoom), rescheduled or canceled depending on current CDC guidelines and/or state and local government recommendations as the date of the training approaches. If such a change is required, registrants will be notified in advance.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, cancellation and refunds.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) No-Show Policy
If you use a CBHC code to register for an NLC event, you will be responsible for paying the registration and processing fees if you do not show up for the class. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to other questions you may have.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779 or email@example.com.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff at registration.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.