|Description & Details|
In this newly established role, the Program Director will be responsible for the operational success of NCMVF ensuring seamless volunteer management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation.
Reporting to the President, the Program Director is a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience developing a culture of continuous improvement among a group of diverse, talented individuals. The role requires significant independence, analytical skills, strong relationship building, ample people and project management experience, flexibility, agility, and discretion.
The Program Director will manage and create high engagement amongst a growing group of interns, volunteers, and staff, and has both internal and external facing responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the ground floor!
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of their purpose, role and contributions to the organization.
- Serve as an advisor and co-strategist to the president, providing sound counsel and confidentiality.
- Ensure NCMVF’s external programming and internal culture, policies and practices align with the organization’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Work with and support the president to develop and implement strategies around internal and external communications and marketing.
- Work with president to develop long-term strategies for organizational staffing and structure that ensure NCMVF’s current and future needs are met.
Team Management and Development:
- Set the tone and promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee onboarding of all volunteers, staff members and interns.
- Lead, coach, develop and retain program support using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance goals to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation for all employees and volunteers, in line with NCMVF’s performance enablement process.
- Utilize the process tools and timeline to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of staff bi-annually and as necessary.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
- Design and develop program metrics based on analysis, in accordance with strategic plan, and in support of organization’s mission, to increase depth and breadth of impact. Responsible for achieving program goals.
- Drive key program initiatives, such as leading RFA and grant review processes, supporting advocacy efforts at the federal and state levels, creating prevention education collateral, running point for the Community Alliance Chairs, cultivating strategic partnerships, etc.
- Create scorecard for the board of directors and impact reports for donor communications as necessary.
- Work with identified partners, community leaders, and other groups to maximize NCMVF success.
- Enforce all current policies and procedures and generate innovation and improvement as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise within program(s).
- Provide quarterly reports to president including success, challenges, and key learnings.
- Plan, execute, and attend special events/projects as necessary to connect attendees directly to the organization’s mission and culture.
- Perform analysis and strategic consultation on major issues impacting the organization; and prepare briefings, memos, or presentations to communicate findings.
- Attend and participate in Board meetings as identified
- Represent the organization externally, including speaking at NCMVF special events, public events and meetings.
- Develop and manage program budget.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the president based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Collaborate with president and treasurer to forecast future budgets and conduct mid-season budget refresh.
- Identify and implement streamlined systems and document retention procedures.