|Description & Details|
Title: Coordinator, Marketing/PR
This position is responsible for initiating and completing regular and special projects, including planning, developing, organizing, and implementing a comprehensive information, marketing and promotion program. This position is also responsible for the development of consistent messages, assisting in the design and maintenance of the CareerSource Pinellas website and associated web based systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications including social media to promote services.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing flyers, including employee newsletters or stakeholders' reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Maintaining and creating content for website and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Developing and implementing marketing and social media campaign, supporting budget and report performance.
- Supporting activities of Business Services and Program teams
- Planning and facilitating meetings, events, and special projects and creating reports and presentations to support the event.
- Writes and/or assists with writing grants and proposals as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the program; may participate in other sponsorship activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Solid experience with and managing social media presence.