|Description & Details|
The NLC’s Program Associate (PA) is a key member of the organization’s programming team, providing project management and critical operational support across the spectrum of training delivery methods: conferences, cohort, custom solutions, and classroom. The PA is vital part of the advancement of all programming department goals and services, coordinating the schedule of training events, trainer talent search/contracting, as well as fielding inquiries from nonprofits in search of custom solutions. The PA will work primarily on the front end of the process to meet the needs of our nonprofit audience, interacting with trainers and nonprofit leaders to engage them in our work.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Programs (DSP)
Location: NLC Offices are located at 1408 N. Westshore Blvd. Ste 140, Tampa FL. In addition, the PA will travel to offsite locations when needed to support training.
Over all areas-
- Owner of the NLC Master Training Calendar and the schedule of the Training Room at NLC.
- Assists with the production of materials for training events at peak times
- Participates as a thought partner on evaluations and closing the feedback loop with both students and trainers.
- Assists with the design and planning of the annual classroom training curriculum (and calendar).
- In coordination with the program team, assists in planning and execution of training events
- Schedules trainings including contracting for talent to lead trainings with direction from the DSP
- Maintains open, consistent communication with trainers
- Coordinates auditions for new trainers
- Opens and closes classroom training events
- Supports communication between the training team and the DSP
- Assists in discernment of client needs and matching needs to a solution
- Conducts intake interview/calls to define need and scope of service request
- With DSP and team, determines the resources available in meeting the requested deliverable
- Contracts work on behalf of NLC or refers the work to trainers as appropriate
- Maintains a strong group of quality trainers with referral agreements
- Schedules all cohort meeting events.
- Coordinates the creation and completion of contracts with trainers/contractors in conjunction with the DSP
- Maintains open, consistent communication with trainers/consultants
- With the supervision of the DSP, contracts with talent and venues when appropriate
- Serves as the point of contact with the contracted event specialist for Leadership Conference
- Coordinates and executes “Day Of” details with the NLC team and venue/talent.
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Conference Committee
Critical Hiring Requirements
Knowledge and Expertise:
- BA or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of project management or program support experience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for NLC’s mission
- Strong project coordination skills resulting in efficient, timely and accurate delivery
- Proficiency in general computer and web-based technology skills including word processing and database management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs and apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Collaborative communicator with a strong team spirit
- Strong customer service and presentation skills
- Relationship centered and process driven
- Detail oriented and creative problem solver
- Lifelong learner
- Excellent communicator, both written & verbal
- Strong customer service
- Thrives in a dynamic, collaborative environment