Giving Tuesday is a movement to create a national day of giving to kick off the giving season added to the calendar on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. The third annual Giving Tuesday is on December 2, 2014. In the same way retail stores take part in Black Friday and online retailers encourage Cyber Monday, the nonprofit sector has the opportunity to encourage giving to support our causes.
Check out a few national headlines after last year’s #GivingTuesday:
- #GivingTuesday Results: Giving Increases 162% Over Last Year
- Inside The #GivingTuesday Numbers: Will American Philanthropy Grow?
- #GivingTuesday Lights Up Generosity (and Time Square)!
- 12 Notable Highlights from 2013’s Giving
Locally the movement received quite a bit of press:
- #GivingTuesday is about giving back during the holiday season
- #GivingTuesday at The Salvation Army
- Lighthouse of Pinellas reaches 80 percent of its #GivingTuesday goal
- Giving Tuesday looks to launch holidays with charitable spirit
What does all of this mean for you?
- If you are with a nonprofit organization, join us for a FREE informational session (September 4 or September 5) to learn how this can boost the donations you receive this year. #GivingTuesday can be incorporated into your current year-end solicitations or it can be a starting point to create a year-end giving campaign.
- If you are a philanthropist of any kind – business or individual – plan now to highlight the organizations you support by using social media. The #GivingTuesday resources below have ideas for you, too.
Start now to plan for December 2, 2014. Let’s all work together to make it even bigger in Tampa Bay this year!
Other Articles You Might Like: