Your organization does great work. You’re changing the world. But can you prove it? Measuring your program’s outcomes — the benefits or results your organization has on your constituents or participants — provides you measurable proof. The ability to measure and show your impact is critical for fundraising. But finding nonprofit resources to help you demonstrate impact isn’t always easy.
So how do you determine your outcomes and indicators? How do you collect the data? What do you do with it once you have it?
Here are some great nonprofit resources on outcomes, evaluation and measuring impact to help you.
Nonprofit Resources & Tools
- IssueLab Resources on Social Outcomes
- CompassPoint Library of Sample Dashboard Indicators
- National Council of Nonprofits Evaluation of Outcomes Resources
Nonprofit Articles on Measuring Impact
- Clear Measurement Counts by Stanford Social Innovation Review
- How to Measure Social Impact: New Research & Insights by Forbes Rahim Kanani
- Someone May Have Already Paid for Your Program Evaluation by The Chronicle of Philanthropy
Other Articles You Might Like from the Nonprofit Leadership Center
- Meeting Kevin Bacon
- 10 Tips to Keep Your Nonprofit Data Safe During Storm Season
- 5 Nonprofit Career Tips
Get Your Weekly Nonprofit Resources
Want more nonprofit resources delivered to your inbox? Sign up to receive our weekly e-newsletter, chock-full of valuable tips and tools to help you and your organization thrive.