With more than 25 years in the not-for-profit arena, Marci brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to CFO search and financial transition consulting projects. She began her career as the CFO for a Florida social services agency and was recruited back to that organization several years later to lead a financial turnaround. She built a highly effective team, expanded her scope of responsibilities to include HR, IT and Risk Management and left the organization in better shape than she found it. She went on to successfully lead another nonprofit through a significant financial crisis, rebuilding the community’s trust during her tenure.
Ready for a new challenge, Marci joined forces with Pam Williams and created Nonprofit Finance Pros (formerly Nonprofit Financial Management Solutions) to help other nonprofit organizations strengthen their financial capacity and successfully navigate financial transitions. By providing customized financial management consulting and CFO search & transition services over the past seventeen years, this team has built a reputation as collaborative partners with their nonprofit clients. Their long-term commitment to and passion for the nonprofit sector provides daily inspiration and guides each engagement.
Marci has provided career and executive coaching for associations including the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the American Society of Association Executives, and has facilitated training programs for organizations around the country. She is a founding board member of the Nonprofit Consultants Connection of Tampa Bay.
Marci loves working with nonprofits so much that she once turned down a very lucrative offer from a multi-millionaire and his wife to manage their investments. While the offer was tempting, she thought, “where’s the challenge in THAT?” Instead, she offered to help the couple start a nonprofit that is thriving today.
In her spare time, Marci enjoys spending time with her family, long-distance cycling, and traveling to new places around the world. She regularly participates in fund-raising bicycle rides for the American Diabetes Association.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- University of South Florida, B.A. Business Administration
- International Coach Federation, Associate Certified Coach
- Coach U, Graduate, Coach Training Program
- Eckerd College, Leadership Development Program
- Learning Institute for Non-Profit Organizations, Excellence in Non-Profit Leadership & Management
- Florida Healthcare Risk Management Institute, Healthcare Risk Management Courses
- Certified Administrator, Conflict Dynamics Profile, Center for Conflict Dynamics, Eckerd College
- Certified Trainer, Becoming Conflict Competent, Center for Conflict Dynamics, Eckerd College
- Core Communication Trainer, Interpersonal Communication Programs, Inc.
- Central Florida Speaker’s Association, Speaker’s Academy
The Power of Five Little Words, by Marci Moore & Pam Williams (Association Connection, Tennessee Society of Association Executives; AWIS Magazine, the Association for Women in Science, ARVC Report, The National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds)
Staffing Success: Building an Engaged, Enthusiastic and Effective Staff, by Marci Moore & Pam Williams (ARVC Report, National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds)
What Your Senior Executives Aren’t Telling You…and Why You Should Care, by Marci Moore & Pam Williams (Success by Association, Association Executives of North Carolina)