Share This Listing:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: COO application
This position reports to and partners closely with the Chief Executive Officer to achieve the organization’s mission and vision. The Chief Operations Officer leads organizational effectiveness by managing operational functions of programs services, contracts, human resources, real estate, grants development, marketing and supervises staff and contractors in these areas. This position also supervises lines of business leads and provides oversight of their business goals, alignment of goals to support mission and performance toward goals.
The Chief Operations Officer shares the responsibility with the Chief Executive Officer for profitability and loss, including pro-active cash flow management. Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive fund development program with current grant programs/funders along with foundations and new sources, as determined. Manages and assists with developing resources for general operating, salary and property related funds. Oversees compliance so that we remain in good standing with all funder/government/partner requirements.
The incumbent demonstrates a passion for the mission of the organization, dedication to the customers we serve and enables excellent client and partner relations. Assists with general marketing and visibility of the organization, builds and maintains key customer relationships and supports the Chief Executive Officer in identifying business opportunities.
The Chief Operations Officer focuses on continual process and operations improvements, oversees daily operations, planning, quality control, and develops and monitors the use of resources. Creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), develops tracking and reporting processes and tools, and develops information flows. He/she will manage the HR lifecycle – from resource planning, to recruiting, onboarding, performance management and professional development. The selected candidate will actively engage direct reports to develop business goals, track progress toward goals, and increase their effectiveness and efficiency of leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversight of Lines of Business – Real Estate Development Center, Workforce Development Center and Youth Success Center.
· Optimizes operational systems, processes and policies, management reporting, information flow, business process improvement and organizational planning.
· Fosters improved collection and use of client and industry data for strategic business decisions and storytelling.
· Supports creation of financial reports and projects budgets as required.
· Improves coordination and communications across the organization to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
· Conducts resource planning, performance management, compliance management, asset management and professional development.
· Serves as a liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues, contract review, and governing instruments and final owner of resource management and deliverables.
· Participates in risk assessment analysis for all new lines of business and for the continuation of existing lines of business.
· Ensures that interdepartmental requests are communicated and resolved in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
· Ensures that projects are delivered on time and on or under budget.
Asset and Facilities Management:
· Oversees facility operations of all sites, programming locations and services.
· Supervision and oversight of all property management groups.
· Evaluate and ensure that revenues of multifamily or commercial projects meet or exceed budget goals.
· Create and implement asset management plans for multifamily and commercial projects.
· Oversight of IT and IT managed company to provide technology needed for effective operations and communication.
· Contributes to short and long-term strategic planning and the identification of potential new markets and lines of business and funding opportunities.
· Responsible for responding to grant proposals, with particular focus on local, state and federal proposals.
· Works with individual business leads to establish business goals and tracks individual performance in support of goals.
Funding Source Management and Compliance:
· Ensures the accurate and timely submission of reports and surveys as required by funding sources.
· Monitors compliance of all staff, board and organizational requirements with organizations/ intermediaries such as HUD, NeighborWorks America, Department of Education, Career Source or others.
· Oversees timely invoicing to all funding sources.
· Directs staff on agency compliance with all contracts and relationships.
· Oversees the negotiation, compliance and administration of contracts with vendors.
Outreach and Stakeholder Management:
· Oversees corporate communications and branding strategies to ensure consistency and quality.
· Supports Board and committee meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
A minimum of seven years of operations management experience and a graduate degree in business management, finance, human resources, or related field. MBA preferred.
Demonstrated track record of excellence in the following technical skills:
· Operations management in a fast pace business environment
· Fiscal management and budget development
· Strategy to action planning and tracking
· Leading an organization to meet goals
· Business process improvement
· Project management
· Fundraising and community outreach
· Written and interpersonal communications
· Staff supervision and performance accountability, managing cross-functional teams
· Data collection and reporting in Excel and other data management and presentation tools
· Knowledge of/ability to learn about successful social enterprise programs within the nonprofit sector
Leadership competencies to include:
· Strong executive leadership and organizational skills with a bias for action
· Collaborative and confident, with an ability to unite and engage staff for performance
· Visionary – able to communicate and work toward organization’s vision
· Knowledge of affordable housing and/or workforce and current industry standards
· Ability to stand for protracted periods of time on an infrequent to moderate basis.
· Ability to walk moderate distances on an infrequent to moderate basis.
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time daily.
Minimal or limited exposure to non-weather conditions, as in a business office environment. Exposure to moderate noise such as a business office with computers and printers and light traffic. Minimal or limited exposure to very loud noise from crowds as during public engagement and civic events.
This position description sets forth the principal duties, responsibilities, knowledge, ability, skills, and effort required to perform the essential functions of this job, as well as the position’s reporting relationships and the physical conditions under which the work must be performed. This position description may be modified from time to time to reflect the actual duties of the position.
CDC of Tampa, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) in compliance with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, protected status, or disability.
[EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability]
Email resume to email@example.com. Subject line: COO application
Sign up to receive the latest nonprofit news, events and jobs.
© 2023 Nonprofit Leadership Center of Tampa Bay, Inc.