Grant writing is challenging in “normal” times, but when we add a crisis to the mix, many nonprofits aren’t sure where to turn next. Do we apply for grants? If so, which funders should we consider? Whether your organization is providing basic needs to help people impacted by the coronavirus or are considered less “mission-critical,” now is the time to improve and move your grant-seeking endeavors forward. While most nonprofit events have been canceled and fundraising from individual donors can be difficult in a crisis, grant-seeking continues to present a strong funding opportunity.
- Better understand where your nonprofit fits within the current grant writing landscape
- Learn key strategies to seek grants during this time of crisis
- Discover the three main types of grant funder strategies during a crisis
- Learn about current and future grant funding opportunities
- Be inspired to use your writing skills to tell critical stories that will transform lives
Download the presentation shared in this video HERE.
Check out Julé’s articles on How to Write a Winning Grant Proposal and How to Apply for Grants.
Resources Referenced During the Presentation
- Julé’s website
- NLC’s Certificate in Grant Writing with Julé
- Introduction to Grant Writing video on Bloomerang
- NLC’s Resources on Fund Development for tips on grants
- Foundation Center Grants Database
Local Grant Opportunities
- United Way Suncoast
- Community Foundation Tampa Bay
- Pinellas County Social Action Grant
- Pinellas Community Foundation Tampa Bay Resilience Fund
- Wells Fargo Local Community Grants
- Rays Community Fund Grant Program
Government Funding Opportunities
More COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits
COVID-19 Nonprofit Resource Hub