- Session 1 - August 6
August 6, 2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
- Session 2 - October 24
October 24, 2019
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
Session 1–$69–August 6, 2019, 8:30am-12:30pm–Mastering Nonprofit Media Relations
Session 2–$69–October 24, 2019, 8:30am-12:30pm–Social Media 101 for Nonprofits
$69 + $69 =
Only $120.00 (when logged in) for BOTH sessions in the series $138.00
These classes are made possible with generous funding from:
With additional support from Community Foundation of Tampa Bay & Wells Fargo
We are so pleased to present 4 series of NLC classes in Pinellas county in 2019! The 4 series will cover leadership, board governance, marketing, and fund development. There are a few things unique to these Pinellas classes that we’d like to share with you:
- All of these classes are happening in Pinellas but in various locations, so please pay close attention to the location listed below as well as our reminder e-mails to make sure you end up at the right place!
- You will get the most benefit if you sign up for the entire series. Registration is a simple, one-step process, as well. If you are registering for 1 session, rather than the series, be sure to add tickets for the individual session to your cart.
- NLC is thrilled to provide classroom training in Pinellas, thanks to the generous support of our funders: Juvenile Welfare Board, Allegany Franciscan Ministries, Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg and Pinellas Community Foundation. When you accept a free seat from a funder, there is an expectation that if you cannot attend, you will either send a coworker in your place or let us know with enough notice so that we can offer the seat to another organization on the waiting list (most of these classes are sold out).We will be sharing attendance with the funders after class so they can see who benefitted from their support, so we thank you for your cooperation as we strive to reach the greatest number of nonprofit leaders possible through our training in Pinellas.
Mastering Nonprofit Media Relations
This fast-paced class will teach you how to package story ideas that dazzle assignment desk editors. Learn what has replaced the old-fashioned press release and how to position your organization as a go-to expert reporters steadily rely upon.
You’ll leave with the tools to master television, radio and print interviews including tricks to deal with challenging questions and hostile interview scenarios.
Join Heather Grzelka for this fundamental skill building class designed for anyone who is new to marketing and communications as well as those whose job involves interacting with the news media.
Heather enjoys more than fifteen years of experience advancing social causes by generating positive media attention that influences policymakers and increases donor support. Before founding Madeira Public Relations, Heather spent the first decade of her career successfully navigating the Washington, D.C., political arena on behalf of numerous nationally recognized nonprofit organizations and has a proven track record of influencing meaningful change.
Social Media 101 for Nonprofits
Gone are the days when it was enough for your nonprofit to simply have a web page; now you need a presence on social media as well. But which channels are the best fit for your organization and your message?
This class will explore
- the unique characteristics of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- what types of content you should create and post to each
- the best (and worst) strategies for each channel
- how to identify your target audience’s favorite channel(s)
- why video is a MUST for your nonprofit (and how to do it on the fly and with a smartphone)
This is a sweeping overview of the current social media landscape that will generate plenty of take-home tips. A good fit for social media for nonprofit newbies as well as those well-versed in one but confused by other channels.
Join us for an in-depth look at the most popular social media platforms and the unique role each has to play in your nonprofit’s awareness, engagement, and mobilization efforts.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 8.0 (4 for each class) points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.