February 23, 2023
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
Asking for and receiving larger donations can be transformational for nonprofit organizations. But staff and board members often don’t know how or are too afraid to ask. If this sounds familiar, this workshop is for you! Fundraising expert Alyce Lee Stansbury, CFRE, will help you build authentic relationships with donors, earn the right to ask for larger gifts, and ensure individual giving is a thriving part of your fundraising program — even during the most challenging fundraising climates.
After this course, you will:
- Understand what motivates donors and how that influences giving
- Establish your fundraising team’s roles in securing larger donations
- Learn proven methods to prepare for and successfully ask for bigger gifts
Who should attend this training:
Any staff or board member who is responsible for building donor relationships and has the potential to secure large gifts for the organization
This is a required core training for the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership
$259.00 Only $84 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our funders
This event is being held IN-PERSON at our training room in Tampa, FL.
Registration closes at 11:55 p.m. Eastern on February 21, 2023.
Meet Your Trainer
Alyce Lee Stansbury, CFRE is a 25-year fundraising veteran and seasoned advisor in nonprofit management and board development. She has raised millions of dollars and helped her clients grow fundraising results by more than 200% and exceed campaign goals by 45%. Alyce Lee is a nationally certified Master Trainer in Fundraising, a sought-after speaker and co-writes a weekly newspaper column called “Notes on Nonprofits.”
She is past president of the Big Bend chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the first recipient of the chapter’s Outstanding Fundraising Professional Award. She is Board Chair of the Institute for Nonprofit Innovation and Excellence in Tallahassee and a passionate advocate for the nonprofit sector.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Health Protocols for In-Person Classes
The health and safety of all visitors, students, trainers and staff is our top priority.
- NLC uses targeted cleaning protocols in our Training Room and office space.
- Any person who is feeling unwell or suspects they have been exposed to contagious illness is asked to refrain from attending in-person training events.
- COVID-19: If you are not feeling well on the day of your training or are aware of exposure (within the previous 10 days) to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you cancel or reschedule your visit with us, whether or not you appear to be experiencing symptoms of illness.
- If you need to cancel for this reason, please notify us, and we will be happy to provide program credit equivalent to the registration fees already paid.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, cancellation and refunds.
NLC/Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC) No-Show Policy
If you use a CBHC code to register for an NLC event, you will be responsible for paying the registration and processing fees if you do not show up for the class. Please read the full no-show policy here.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to other questions you may have.
If you need special accommodations and/or plan to bring a service animal in order to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779 or email@example.com.
There may be photographing of the training for use in our marketing materials. If you do not wish to be captured on film, please alert staff at registration.
Venue Phone: 813-287-8779 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Website: nlctb.orgAddress:
Towers at Westshore is at the corner of W Laurel Street and N Westshore Boulevard.