Fund development professionals: If you're seeking to gain a higher level of understanding in nonprofit fundraising, the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership will provide you with strategic methods to increase your fundraising effectiveness.
The program is designed for leaders with a minimum of three years of fundraising experience and requires the completion of core courses, assignments and 20 hours of elective coursework.
Six equired core courses:
- Components of Successful Fund Development (OR Develop a Winning Fundraising Strategy)
- Sustainability Through Annual Giving (OR Raising MORE Money from LESS Donors: Secrets to a Better Annual Giving Strategy)
- Raising Major Gifts (OR Getting to Yes: Best Practices for Major Gift Fundraising)
- Making Your Case for Support (OR Developing a Winning Case for Support)
- Involving Your Board and CEO in Fund Development: Creating the Ultimate Partnership (OR Approach Fundraising Like a Team Sport)
- Leadership of a Fund Development Program (OR Lead Your Fundraising Program to New Heights)
Elective coursework:Participants must complete a minimum of 20 hours of coursework selected from the Nonprofit Leadership Center's additional training classes. The Fund Development Fundamentals program, annual Leadership Conference and custom trainings are not eligible for elective course credit.
For the latest class schedule, please visit our current program schedule.
Applying for your certificate:
Upon completion of the required coursework, participants should apply for the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership from the Nonprofit Leadership Center. Each participant has up to two years to complete course requirements and apply for the certificate.
Participation in the program helps prepare and qualify participants for CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) certification. For more information about the CFRE, visit www.cfre.org. The certificate is not equivalent to the designation CFRE, a credential offered by CFRE International. Full participation in this program is applicable for points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Want to learn more and discuss if the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership is right for you? Email us or call 813-287-8779.
Ready to start your Certificate in Fund Development Leadership? Apply here. You will be prompted to login to your free account to complete the application.