Fund development professionals: If you're seeking to gain a higher level of understanding in nonprofit fundraising, the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership will provide you with strategic methods to increase your fundraising effectiveness.
The program is designed for leaders with a minimum of three years of fundraising experience and requires the completion of core courses, assignments and 20 hours of elective coursework.
Six required core courses:
- Develop a Winning Fundraising Strategy (formerly known as Components of Successful Fund Development)
- Raising MORE Money from LESS Donors: Secrets to a Better Annual Giving Strategy (formerly known as Sustainability Through Annual Giving)
- Getting to Yes: Best Practices for Major Gift Fundraising) (formerly known as Raising Major Gifts)
- Developing a Winning Case for Support (formerly known as Making Your Case for Support)
- Approach Fundraising Like a Team Sport (formerly known as Involving Your Board and CEO in Fund Development: Creating the Ultimate Partnership)
- Lead Your Fundraising Program to New Heights (formerly known as Leadership of a Fund Development Program)
Participants must complete a minimum of 20 hours of coursework selected from the Nonprofit Leadership Center's additional training classes. The Fund Development Fundamentals program, annual Leadership Conference and custom trainings are not eligible for elective course credit.
For the latest class schedule, please visit our current program schedule.
Applying for your certificate:
Upon completion of the required coursework, participants should apply for the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership from the Nonprofit Leadership Center. Each participant has up to two years to complete course requirements and apply for the certificate.
Participation in the certificate program helps prepare and qualify participants for CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) certification. For more information about the CFRE, visit www.cfre.org. The certificate is not equivalent to the designation CFRE, a credential offered by CFRE International. Participation in this certificate program is applicable for points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification (please see individual training listing for the number of points offered).
Want to learn more and discuss if the Certificate in Fund Development Leadership is right for you? Email us or call 813-287-8779.
Ready to start your Certificate in Fund Development Leadership? Apply here. You will be prompted to login to your free account to complete the application.