February 22, 2018
8:30 am - 12:30 pm EST
**NEW FOR 2018**
February 22, 2018 | 8:30a -12:30p
$276.00 Only $69.00 (when logged in) thanks to the support of our partners and funders
This class is for those in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. It is also suitable for new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organization.
Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, means being able to quickly organize your thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behavior.
It applies to formal speeches, and everyday business situations. Through this program, participants will improve their skills and learn some new techniques that will give the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
What Will Participants Learn?
- How to apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether they have one minute or one week to prepare.
- How to prepare for questions, even before they know what those questions will be.
- How to overcome nervousness when speaking to a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- How to use presentation techniques to establish your credibility and get people on your side.
What Topics Are Covered?
- Getting started and planning
- Understanding your audience
- Managing your jitters and body language
- Making your listener hear you
- Structuring ideas and organization methods
- Beginnings and endings, and
- Opportunities to practice and present!
Dr. John Loblack has decades of professional training and teaching experience and a passion for helping individuals and organizations be more effective. He teaches professional and personal development skills that help his students gain self-confidence and follow their personal and professional goals. Dr. Loblack has tested the methods he teaches, which resulted in his own personal accomplishments of finishing his undergraduate degree in only three years, completing his Ph.D. on time, and leading two soccer teams to championships.
CFRE Continuing Education Points
Full participation in this program is applicable for 4.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you need special accommodations to participate in any of our classes or events, please contact us at 813-287-8779.
Multiple Registrant Discount
Receive 10% off each registration after the first (cannot be combined with any other discounts).
Visit the Registration & Payment Policies page for answers to many questions regarding payment, attendance, substitutions, and cancellation and refunds.
Venue Phone: (813) 287-8779 or email@example.comAddress: