A nonprofit organization hires a talented professional. This person is valued by their peers and supervisors. They consistently meet or exceed job expectations. They are one of the most talented team members to come through the organization in the past few years. Naturally, they are promoted into a management role. There’s just one problem, they’ve never managed others or received formal management or leadership training to prepare them for this new opportunity.
You’ve probably seen or experienced this situation far too many times. In fact, it’s one of the most significant challenges new managers and nonprofit leaders tell us about.
That’s why the Nonprofit Leadership Center created the Certificate in Leadership program. This unique, 10-week learning experience brings together nonprofit leaders who are new to managing people or programs in an inclusive, collaborative environment to develop the qualities and skills necessary to lead with authenticity and impact.
Today, we’re thrilled to introduce the Certificate in Leadership Class of 2023. Participants were nominated to apply by community and organization leaders, and their applications were reviewed as part of a rigorous selection process.
Meet Certificate in Leadership Class of 2023
- Alex Strieder, Housing Stabilization Manager, Homeless Leadership Alliance of Pinellas
- Amanda Griffin, Executive Director, Children’s Dream Fund
- Amber Nixon, Manager of Outreach & Advocacy, Florida Policy Institute
- Anne Ford, Chief of Staff, The Florida Orchestra
- Aria Garling, Health Buddies Program Coordinator, Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay
- Brian Davis, Adult Education Program Manager, Metropolitan Ministries
- Carly Pannella, Innovation and Strategies Manager, Homeless Leadership Alliance of Pinellas
- Cori Craciun, Executive Director, Naples Pride
- Diana Roman, Client Services Manager, Hispanic Outreach Center
- Ely Gálvez, Director of Governance and Executive Affairs, Girl Scouts of West Central Florida
- Iris Báez Camacho, Program Director, Operation PAR/MAPS Pasco
- Jana Baker, Bert Muller Home Office Manager, Parc Center for Disabilities
- Jason Prado, Assistant Director of Development, Feeding Tampa Bay
- John Perez, Education & Outreach Associate, American Stage Theatre Company
- Kelli Estrada, Program Director, Gulf Coast JFCS
- Kylie Couture, Senior Director of Operations, EmpowHERment Community Center
- Kymberlye Smith, Director of Licensing, Children’s Network of Hillsborough
- Latoya Brown, Restore Manager, Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas & West Pasco Counties
- Laura Petitt, School-to-Work and Big Futures Coordinator III, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
- Leticia Feregrino, Operations Manager, Mary & Martha House
- Lillian Lestoric, Volunteer Coordinator, St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Lynda Alfonso, Clinic Manager, St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Myriam Lugo, Development Manager, E.C.H.O. of Brandon, Inc.
- Nelly Colon, Financial Coach, Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County
- Nicole Golden, President, Hillsborough Alliance of Black School Educators
- Patricia Lombeyda, Readers in Motion Program Coordinator, Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay
- Paul Dennison, Chief Financial Officer, Gulf Coast JFCS
- Ronneka Peacock, Director of Teen Services, Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay
- Shama Grimmage, Director of Take Stock in College, Take Stock in Children
- Shelby Schultz, Visitor Experience Assistant Manager, The Dali Museum
- Stacy Richey, Program and Shelter Manager, Mary & Martha House
- Yolanda Wallace, Program Director, Pace Center for Girls
Skilled & Confident Leaders, Proven Impact
Certificate in Leadership graduates report measurable increases in skills that are critical for long-term success and impact:
- After the program, 100% of participants agreed they could respond authentically to the changes and challenges facing today’s nonprofit leaders, up from 59% before the program began.
- Participants’ ability to understand themselves and manage their organizational responsibilities increased from 88% to 100% from the beginning to the end of the program.
- 100% of participants agreed they understood their leadership style and could develop a plan to enhance their skills after the program, up from 77% before the program began.
Learn more about the Certificate in Leadership program here. For questions and more information about the Certificate in Leadership, contact us at email@example.com or 813-287-8779.