For nonprofit professionals, 2022 was another year of learning, adapting and innovating. But it was also a time for reflection and renewed connection.
During the past year, nonprofit leaders turned to the Nonprofit Leadership Center for resources and support to strengthen their organizations and communities. Here are the top five most-read articles from NLC subject matter experts in 2022:
1. Financial Management for Nonprofits: The Role of the Nonprofit Finance Committee
Financial management can be intimidating for many nonprofit professionals, especially those new to oversight roles in nonprofit organizations. Certified Public Accountant and Nonprofit Leadership Center Board Member, Michelle Sanchez, shares the roles of a nonprofit finance committee, why having one is important and best practices to help prepare you and your organization for success.
2. Why a DEI Committee is Essential for Your Nonprofit: How to Get Started
Why is it important to have a DEI committee? What does a DEI committee do, and what are the DEI committee’s roles and responsibilities? Nonprofit Leadership Center Board Member and DEI Committee Chair Christopher Johnson answers these questions and more.
3. How to Be an Effective Mentor in the Workplace
Five leaders who serve as mentors to rising nonprofit professionals share their top tips for how to be an effective mentor in the workplace.
4. Why Employees Commit Fraud & Tips for Internal Fraud Prevention
Fraud is on the rise and is expected to continue. From misleading or untruthful financial reporting to the embezzlement of donor dollars, expert Nancy Ridenour shares how to protect your nonprofit from internal fraud and what you need to know now.
5. Conduct More Effective Nonprofit CEO Reviews with This Sample CEO Evaluation Form
One of the most important roles of nonprofit boards is overseeing and evaluating the CEO or executive director. But where do you begin this critical and challenging task? The Nonprofit Leadership Center’s sample CEO evaluation form is a helpful place to start the process.
Other Popular Topics
In addition to new content from 2022, nonprofit leaders continued to rely on these resources to find success in our ever-changing sector:
- 7 Traits of Emotionally Intelligent Leaders
- How to Calculate the Value of Volunteer Time
- 6 Traits of Inclusive Leadership
- 4 Simple Strategies to Improve Team Communication at Work
- 5 Common Misconceptions About Organizational Culture
- 4 Tips for Breaking Bad Habits in the Workplace
- 15 Inspiring Quotes for Nonprofit Leaders
- How to Recruit Nonprofit Board Members
Have a topic you want to learn more about in 2023? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.