Do you know what sets good leaders apart from their peers? According to researchers at the University of Michigan, it’s having a learning mindset. Leaders focused on learning see value in learning new things, seek out new challenges, and view learning as key to growth and success (Source).
This week, eight learning-focused leaders graduated with their Certificate in Nonprofit Management from the University of Tampa, all while balancing full-time work.
In collaboration with the Nonprofit Leadership Center, the graduate-level Certificate in Nonprofit Management immerses students in a life-changing, 15-month educational experience that explores every aspect of nonprofit leadership while working collaboratively to solve real-world challenges. The program culminated on July 24, 2023, with students presenting comprehensive nonprofit plans to a panel of senior leaders: Erin McKenney, Esq. (University of Tampa), Matt Spence (Feeding Tampa Bay), Tina James (West Florida – Florida Blue) – as shown below.
Meet the Certificate in Nonprofit Management Class of 2023
- Britney Grant, Area Director, Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Daryl Belluccia, SHRM-CP, CDR, Associate Director of Talent Management, Metropolitan Ministries
- Celeste Collins, MA, Ed.D., Executive Director, James B. Sanderlin Neighborhood Family Center, Inc.
- JaLem Robinson, MA, Director of Community Collaboration, Metropolitan Ministries
- Jesse Hinnant, MBA, Director of Operations, V.O.I.C.E.S. Against Sexual Assault
- Michael Fussner, MA, Consultant, Fussner Strategic Solutions
- Savanna Thompson, Brandon Center Director, Emergency Care Help Organization (ECHO)
- Sissi Villamizar, Senior Grants & Project Management Associate, Helios Education Foundation