Nonprofit leadership has never been more important — or more challenging — than it is in the present moment. As needs increase along with mounting uncertainty, leadership is the key for stronger organizations and communities. To prepare the next generation of nonprofit professionals to lead our ever-changing sector forward, the Nonprofit Leadership Center created the Certificate in Leadership program. This unique, 10-week learning experience brings together nonprofit leaders who are new to managing people or programs in an inclusive, collaborative environment to develop the qualities and skills necessary to lead with authenticity and impact. The program is made possible with generous support from Florida Blue.
As the second Certificate in Leadership class kicks off today, we’re thrilled to introduce you to the 27 outstanding nonprofit leaders who will be part of the 2021 program. Participants were nominated to apply by leaders in their organization or community, and then their applications were reviewed as part of a rigorous selection process.
Meet the 2021 Certificate in Leadership Class
- Kari Allen, Program Manager, Champions for Children
- Brittany Armstrong, Project Manager, MacDonald Training Center
- Delacy Boudreaux, Rapid Rehousing Program Manager, The Spring of Tampa Bay
- Erica Braham, Equity Operations Manager, Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative
- Monica Brimm, Program Director, St. Petersburg Free Clinic
- Morgan Brochetti, Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas and West Pasco Counties
- Olivia Chopra, Director of Operations/Head Start Manager, Redlands Christian Migrant Association
- Ashly Delaney, Director of Shelter Services, Sunrise of Pasco County, Inc.
- Antoinette Hagley, Chief Clinical Officer, DACCO Behavioral Health, Inc.
- Delicia Hargrove, Director, Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay
- Allison Hedrick, Executive Director, Outreach Free Clinic and Resource Center
- Ricardo Henriquez, Vice President Neighborhood Initiatives, United Way Suncoast
- Cindy Horwitz, Endorsement Coordinator, Florida Association for Infant Mental Health
- Patrick Jackson, Adult Education Associate & Corporate Manager, American Stage Theatre Company
- Kristina Lawler, Board Member/Volunteer, Tampa Bay Abortion Fund
- Jennifer Malin, Senior Director, Strategic Communications, Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
- Keara McGraw, Program Manager, Social Venture Partners Tampa Bay
- Heather McMillan, Senior Operations Manager, Tampa Bay Wave
- Chris Noble, Programs Director, Seniors in Service
- Kelly Obarski, Ed.D, Director of Program Services, Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast
- Darla Otey, Executive Director, Girls, Inc. of Pinellas
- Nora Paine, President, New Tampa Players
- Reunika “Marie” Parham, Volunteer Manager, Hope Villages of America
- Katie Roders Turner, Director of Operations, The Family Healthcare Foundation
- Brian Rothey, Associate Vice President of Adult Community Programs, PARC, Inc.
- Dallas Ruffin, Big Futures Supervisor, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
- Nicole Tegge, Inventory Manager, Feeding Tampa Bay
Powered Through Partnership
Learn More about the Impact of the Certificate in Leadership
Graduates from the 2020 Certificate in Leadership report measurable increases in skills that are critical for long-term success and impact:
- After the program, 100% of participants agreed they could respond authentically to the changes and challenges facing today’s nonprofit leaders, up from 59% before the program began.
- Participants’ ability to understand themselves and manage their organizational responsibilities increased from 88% to 100% from the beginning to the end of the program.
- 100% of participants agreed they understood their leadership style and could develop a plan to enhance their skills after the program, up from 77% before the program began.