Although 2021 introduced new and increasing challenges for nonprofit leaders and organizations, it also brought hope and optimism as our sector continues to lead bravely and act boldly to strengthen our communities.
During the past year, nonprofit leaders turned to the Nonprofit Leadership Center most often for resources to:
- Increase emotional intelligence and resilience
- Embrace and promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Find best and next practices to build stronger organizations
Here are the top 10 most-read articles from NLC subject matter experts that we shared in 2021. These resources remain helpful tools as we work together to achieve growth and impact in the year ahead.
Increasing Emotional Intelligence and Resilience
- 7 Traits of Emotionally Intelligent Leaders | Dr. John Loblack, NLC trainer
- 3 Things Emotionally Intelligent Leaders Say | Dr. John Loblack, NLC trainer
- 4 Ways to Stop Negative Self-Talk | Ellen Nastir, NLC trainer
Embracing and Promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- 8 Things Leaders Who Authentically Embrace Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Believe | Christopher Johnson, NLC board member
- Advancing Racial Equity on Nonprofit Boards Fellowship
- 23 Leaders Selected for New Advancing Racial Equity on Nonprofit Boards Fellowship
Best and Next Practices to Build Stronger Organizations
- How to Recruit Nonprofit Board Members | Emily Benham, NLC CEO
- HR Policies for Nonprofit Organizations | Corban OneSource, NLC key partner
- Corporate Partnerships & Sponsorships: Funders Share Advice to Engage Corporate Partners | Michelle Hamilton & Chris Johnson, NLC board members
- Meet the 27 Leaders in the Class of 2021 Certificate in Leadership
Other Popular Topics
In addition to new content from 2021, nonprofit leaders continued to rely on these resources to find success in our ever-changing post-pandemic world:
- 4 Simple Strategies to Improve Team Communication at Work
- 5 Common Misconceptions About Organizational Culture
- How to Calculate the Value of Volunteer Time
- How to Host Online Board Meetings
- How to Work from Home Effectively: 10 Tips for Working Remotely
- 4 Tips for Breaking Bad Habits in the Workplace
- How to Write a Grant Proposal
- 15 Inspiring Quotes for Nonprofit Leaders
Have a topic you want to learn more about in 2022? Let us know at email@example.com.
Receive the Latest News, Resources & Events from the Nonprofit Leadership Center
Be the first to receive tips, tools and training events exclusively for nonprofit leaders by signing up for our weekly e-newsletter. We’ll send you the latest news and resources directly to your inbox once a week.